Friday 29th June
Friday Night at the Ludo Lounge
The weekend begins in the Ludo lounge with a great line up of music, no tickets needed, just come along and enjoy our Friday night party!
Larry Adam and the Rhythm Heirs
DJ Vernon playing Rock n Roll, Rhythm and Blues, Rockabilly and more all on vinyl 45’s
Saturday 30th June
Mod’s and Rockers Breakfast at Brewhouse and Kitchen
|Morning||Brewhouse and Kitchen|
A special breakfast deal to start the day in Southbourne!
Bring your gorgeous bike, enjoy a super breakfast and park your bike for free
- Live music from the 1920’s to the 1970’s begins with a launch from the Bournemouth Mayor about 11.10 am (depending on how long it takes to walk from the main stage to the bandstand)
- Loads of lovely colourful vintage stalls for you to peruse at your pleasure
- Have your hair done vintage style with a victory roll, or whatever takes your fancy – pop into Pearls Pinup Parlour to get that vintage look to see you through the day.
- Microbrewery craft ales and much more from our main sponsors Brewhouse and Kitchen
- Enjoy a glass of gin and tonic from our super sponsors Conker Spirit!
- Loads for the children to do, glittery tattoos and face painting is a must do!
- A rather wonderful choice of hot and colds foods from vintage style traders - don’t forget your picnic blanket everyone! Sit back, relax and enjoy the music.
- New Introducing Stage!
Bandstand line up: Vintage Saturdays 2018
|11.10||Smooth & Swing with Paul Walker and Susie Kimber|
|12.30||The lovely Retro Rita|
|13.25||Jitterbug Jive - dance classes -get up and have a go – you will enjoy it|
|14.00||Boss Vegas Hell Cats|
|15.15||Jitterbug Jive - dance classes with Dennis & Linda|
|17.10||Rip It Up|
|18.00||The music closes for the day in fisherman’s Walk but keeps on going until 10pm in Southbourne Grove.|
Southbourne Grove Stage
- Live music starts at 11 am with a launch from the Bournemouth Mayor on the main stage.
- Lea Martin MC: Lea Martin is an entertainer with a wide range of strings to his rather tidy bow (tie)! Ranging from the swing of the 40's and 50's, Disco and modern hits, he also boasts a wide range of musical theatre knowledge, from the traditional to the radically modern. Pair this with his wit and comedy timing, you can guarantee a great day and night, whatever the event.
- Northern Soul Area - The Twisted Wheel- Brought to us by Winston’s Café in Poole- featuring The Rhythm and Soul DJ Collective.
- Beautiful American classic cars on display for your please – thanks Derek!
- Gorgeous motorbikes and motorcycles of yesteryear.
- Vintage fashions on sale from This is Vintage – Southbourne’s very own Vintage Boutique.
- Lots of local businesses selling gifts and lovely things for you to buy, eat, drink and enjoy!
Main Stage Line Up: Vintage Saturdays 2018
|11.00||The Bournemouth Mayor will launch the weekend of vintage festival fun|
|11.10||Miss Annie starts the days line and gets us off to a swinging start|
|12.10||Fashion Show by Bombshell Chic|
|12.30||Jitterbug Jive - dance classes – come on and join in!|
|13.10||Smooth & Swing with Paul Walker and Susie Kimber|
|14.00||First Position Dance Group|
|14.30||Big Little Theatre School|
|15.15||Rip it up - get your dancing shoes on!|
|16.15||Jitterbug Jive - dance classes|
|17.15||Out of Ashes|
|18.00||Mungo Jerry - The one and only!|
|20.00||Jesse Ray – first time at Shake and Stir and we cannot wait to hear him!|
|22.00||Music ends for the day but the bars are still open in Southbourne!|
Sunday 1st July
- THAT car joins us today! Oh yes, we have the very special CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG coming to Shake and Stir – and we can’t wait! Bought to us by the Bournemouth & Boscombe Light opera Theatre Company who are promoting the show they will be putting on at the Pavilion theatre this year – celebrating 50 years since the film was released – WOW!
- Over 60 trade stands with lovely items for you to enjoy!
- Burgers, street food, pizzas, wraps, sausages, sweeties and lots more from our fab food traders.
- Sponsors Brewhouse and Kitchen and Conker Spirit will be looking forward to saying hello in our bar area near the bandstand.
- What a great line up we have for your today - hope you are ready for it!
- Don’t forget to bring your picnic blankets to sit back and listen to the music or to use as your very own mini dance floor
Band Stand Line Up: Vintage Sundays 2018
|11.00||Miss Ruby's Roadhouse Blues Band|
|12.00||Jitterbug Jive - dance classes with Dennis and Linda|
|12.30||The Junco Shakers|
|13.30||Jitterbug Jive - dance classes – its time to shake rattle and roll!|
|13.45||Fashion show from Bombshell Chic – Check out their stand – some fabulous items on display|
|14.10||The Blues Brothers – get your tail feathers ready!|
|15.00||Announce the winner of the Raffle Prize Draw|
|15.15||Shake and Stir welcomes Garry J Foley as Elvis!|
|16.00||Music closes but you can still shop on your way home|
Shake and Stir closing party at Brewhouse and Kitchen.
Live music to bring your weekend to a fabulous close!